We are looking for a Network Engineer to work in our Valencia, California office.
Network Engineers report directly to the COO. The position’s primary responsibilities are providing technical support to our clients and building enterprise-grade networks. The Network Engineer should be comfortable with multitasking and wearing several hats.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and configure Cisco IOS-based networks on a daily basis.
- Build and configure Ruckus Wireless network systems, including ZoneDirector wireless controllers and ZoneFlex wireless access points, on a daily basis.
- Provide initial and ongoing remote support for network systems deployment.
- Assist clients with installation and configuration of network systems.
- Troubleshoot network and wireless issues remotely with clients.
- Document, diagnose, and resolve issues with clients’ networks.
- Create and manage client accounts on Ruckus FlexMaster management server.
- Provide and maintain thorough documentation of client systems.
- Occasional after-hours emergency support for remote clients (usually ISP issues).
- Experience programming and troubleshooting Ruckus ZoneDirector environments.
- Custom electronics design/integration experience and familiarity with home automation systems such as Crestron, Savant, AMX, and Control4.
- Experience with TeamViewer or other remote desktop support applications.
- Working knowledge of ConnectWise.
- Apple or Microsoft certifications.
- VPN and SSH experience.
- Web development / database experience.
- Must have strong attention to detail, with a focus on accuracy.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be very personable.
- Must have great organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently (semi-autonomous environment).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems under pressure and while interfacing with clients.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years networking experience.
- Current CCNA / WiSE / RCNA / CCENT certification or equivalent experience.
- Experience supporting customer environments in a helpdesk/support capacity.
- Solid understanding of network protocols, firewalls, routers, switching, TCP/IP, and RF coverage.
- Thorough knowledge of wireless local area networks, authentication, security, and encryption protocols.
- Availability nights/weekends as needed.
- Please submit your salary expectations with your application including your cover letter and resume to [email protected].