JOB TITLE: Logistics Associate
REPORTS TO: COO
The Logistics Associate reports directly to the COO, and effectively manages the daily responsibilities associated with all incoming and outgoing shipments, and inventory management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies and maintains records pertaining to incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against packing slips, purchase orders, invoices or other records.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Prepares items for shipment.
- Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers and protective padding.
- Ensures secure closure of packages and affixes shipping labels.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Stages gear in the engineering bench room.
- Records inventory levels by conducting physical counts and updating inventory records.
- Produces inventory reports and statistics on a weekly and monthly basis as needed.
- Keeps stock control systems up to date and plans for future capacity requirements.
- Maintains physical condition and tidiness of stock room.
- Communicates with other departments, staff groups and customers by email, fax and telephone.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Must be HIGHLY detail oriented.
- Ability to consistently complete tasks with accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and customer service skills.
- Ability to read and understand English and can accurately identify items on paperwork including, but not limited to customer orders, bills of lading, manifests, packing lists, stock receipts, freight bills and customer labels.
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers and supervisors, both verbally and in writing, using English.
- Must have the ability to work until job is completed.
- Intermediate computer experience, ideally with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Any prior shipping experience.
- Familiarity with UPS World Ship, or other shipping software.
- Please submit your salary expectations with your application
Physical requirements include walking, stooping, lifting up to 75 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time. This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The job responsibilities and tasks described herein may be modified and expanded over time.
Email your application to jobs[email protected].
**Access Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and this job description should not be interpreted as an offer or guarantee of employment.
In addition, please note, this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The company has the right to change these duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.